2010 has been a fascinating and vibrant year for genealogy at the State Library of Victoria.
Of course, this blog was created this year and it is a fun and friendly way to keep everyone up to date about family history at the State Library. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments and I look forward to further conversations in 2011.
During the year, we also published our first family history research guides to help you get the most out of our collections. In particular, Carmen’s Adoption and Forgotten Australians guide has received a lot of interest. We are planning further research guides next year which we will let you know about here.
Our team has participated in numerous family history conferences and events in 2010. We always enjoy the opportunity to introduce researchers to our wonderful collections and help them discover their family history:
- Shake your family tree in February
- Australian Jewish Genealogy conference in March,
- 7th Victorian Family History State Conference at Mulwala in May
- Family History Feast in August
- Seniors Festival in October
- Unlock the Past Australia History and Genealogy Roadshow in November
Anne continued to represent the Library in the wonderful world of genealogy through the Victorian Association of Family History Organisations and the International Federation of Library Associations and Institution’s Genealogy and Local History Section.