In 1894, Martha Needle was sentenced to death for the murder of her prospective brother in law, Louis Juncken, and executed in the Old Melbourne Gaol. She was also said to have poisoned her husband Henry, their three daughters Mabel, Elsie and May, as well as attempting to murder Herman Juncken.
- Slums of Melbourne
- The great flood of 1891
- The little blue building
- The Alan K Jordan collection of photographs
- 1970s photos of Fitzroy and Castlemaine now online
- The last residential caretaker
- Beautiful architectural drawings now online
- So, you want to be a librarian?
- Melbourne to commemorate Ireland’s 1916 Easter Rising
- Call for 2016 Fellowship applications