This day saw the British Army experience the single bloodiest day in its entire history, with close to 60,000 casualties, as Lord Kitchener’s inexperienced new recruits came face to face with the brutal realities of modern warfare’s industrialised killing.
- Slums of Melbourne
- The great flood of 1891
- The little blue building
- The Alan K Jordan collection of photographs
- 1970s photos of Fitzroy and Castlemaine now online
- The last residential caretaker
- Beautiful architectural drawings now online
- So, you want to be a librarian?
- Melbourne to commemorate Ireland’s 1916 Easter Rising
- Call for 2016 Fellowship applications